Saturday, May 10, 2008

Welcome To Our New Blog


Why Have We Moved?

As you may be aware from my last post, Bizhat has updated their Blog Editor and in doing so they have now placed a limit on the amount of space our account has. The new limit is 50 Megs and our old Blog is already at 78 Megs. I can no longer update the Blog there!

Solutions:
I could set up another account on Bizhat but their hosting service is still behind the times as compared to other Blog providers.

I could alternately find another provider to host the Blog. One who offers newer features and has a support group (unlike Bizhat).

The Decision:
I went for a new host with better features. All of our previous posts are still available to view by clicking on the "Posts From '06 to Feb '08" link on the menu bar to the right. I'm unsure what will happen to the old Blog since we're well beyond the (new) file size limit. All the pictures still exist but the text has gotten a little screwy. I have tried to get some help with this problem but can't get any replies to my questions over there at Bizhat.

Which Brings You To...
our new Blog. Please bear with me as I figure this out as I have so many more options here as compared to the old site. The new address is http://bsgw.blogspot.com/ and has been updated on the front page of our Website. I will email a notice to all out students and hopefully things will go smoothly. Expect the look of this place to change from time to time over the next few days as I play with different layouts.

Thanks for your patience!
Paul
Bayou Salé GlassWorks

No comments: