Linda F made this Vegetable Window in no time at all. She would have had it completed sooner but she had headed out on a vacation for a while which didn't quite slow down progress on this so much as halt progress on it. Take out those vacation days and you see before you a window that Linda made quickly and efficiently as well as beautifully.
This is the first of three windows that Lara is making for a friend and this will most likely occupy the rightmost position of the three openings in the wall that she's aiming to fill. She's about to begin cutting out a similar window whose Lily will face the opposite direction. It won't be an exact match to this one but the theme will be similar enough to have the two windows bookend the center flower design which will come after this one.
Catherine completed her Traditional Stained Glass Window and it certainly is lovely. Let's also pay attention to her amazing soldering skills also. This came together almost effortlessly for Catherine and it surely proves that she has the right stuff!
I fell in love with this design when Kandise walked into the shop with it and now that I see the wonderful job that she did on making it I love it even more. It is THE perfect gift for a musically inclined individual!
Cindy put the finishing touches on the two 'Suncatchers' that she had begun previously. The Frog has been ready for a while but the Louisiana Collage took a little more time especially when dealing with all she's had going on around home. They both look wonderful to me.
Let finish off her latest clear textured Modern Art design and even surrounded it with an inside border of bevels. It's light, it's airy and it's a great way to use up some of those scrap pieces that keep building up.
Betty's been on a constant roll with her Silverware Dragonflies but this week she came in with a new pattern that she's drawn up all on her own. Her first Silverware Butterfly was made of iridised glass and features metal accents. Expect to see more of these because this is the bomb!
Here's Cheryl's Fleur De Lis Window that she will be donating so that it can be auctioned off. I don't have the exact size of this but let me say that at approximately 21 x 21inches this is far bigger than you might initially assume. Let's hope that it brings in the big bucks for a good cause!

Nettie's Nativity Scene is just about completed save for the channel that will attach them all together. I don't have a picture of that but we will see it completed next week. Below I have a picture of the Dove/Cross that she made before calling it a night. Very nice indeed!
Susan R is hard at work on her Watering Can with Flowers. This will be a hanging piece rather than a window which makes it somewhat hard to define. It's too large to be a suncatcher but it isn't squared off to be a considered a window. No matter what it technically 'is', I do believe that it's well on its way to looking great!
Paula's Window looks amazing and I'm embarrassed to admit that I completely forget what the flowers are called! I'd know the name to hear it but off the top of my head I'm drawing a blank. Nonetheless, the pattern is beautiful and I know that her precision work (as already shown below) will make this shine!
Cindy has also started a dozen Heart/Cross Suncatcher which should keep her busy for at least a little while. Then again she IS proficient at making these because she's made at least two dozen of them in the past!
And with her Fleur De Lis Window completed Cheryl is back to work on her Mardi Gras Pelican. I love her use of iridised glasses. I would never say that it makes the whole project 'pop' but it does make it stand out beautifully
I'm thrilled to announce that there's only the smallest bit of soldering left to go on the inside of Mimi's Lamp which means that within the next two weeks we will get to see the end result of her months of hard work. I have no doubt that it will all have been worth it!
Bee's Long Tall Iris has all of its glass cut out and it's almost completely foiled save for six pieces. She'll be soldering this little gem when she comes back in and that's a certainty! (I
am going make a suggestion though...)
Barbara's got the front side of her Christmas Alligator soldered and then flipped it over to do the back side just before calling it a day. That means that this will most likely be completed when she comes back in since the first side soldered so quickly.
Mary Grace has moved on over to a series of five more Picture Frames. She's made them before and she's determined to do it all again. In fact, she's already got one of them well under way this week. There's even a chance that this first one will be completed when she comes back.
With her pieces all foiled Julie is ready to begin soldering her Heron Window! Her final border is the perfect color and gives the window a nice bright feel. This window was NOT an easy pattern to tackle but Julie has, without a doubt, shown it who the boss is!
Betty's Ribbon Swirl has been cut and ground so she's now ready to begin foiling. The symmetry is strong in this and the fact that Betty has followed the pattern perfectly is what makes this design look so good. Just wait until you see some light behind this.
That said, I'm anxiously waiting for this window to be backlit because Keri has already made her Peony Window look amazing even though there's no light behind them yet. With her border all cut she's going to be ready to begin soldering this before you know it
.
Susan D has discovered that sometimes looks can be deceiving. You would likely assume that these 24 pieces would be easy to cut as grind but the fact of the matter is that the inside curves on the top of each piece that form the bottom and middle rows have points that break off VERY easily. Most of that curve has to be formed by grinding it out (unless you don't like beautifully connecting pieces the way that Susan D does!)
Lorrie has been making a lot of progress while she's been home working on her Bee and Flowers Window. She's now at the point where she's filling in the background with a clear textured art glass. The green she's used for her leaves is perfection and I believe this window is going to be even nicer than I ever thought it would.
Tracey decided to add another border to her Cross Window and boy did it ever change the look of the window! It looked good before but now it just looks flat out GREAT! Using the same color that she used for the Cross itself was a stroke of genius and there's just something about it now that suggests an antique stained glass window that you'd find in an ancient Church.
Mary has both sides of her Fish Window soldered which means that all this needs now is to be washed, colored and waxed. There will also be a tad bit of wire work involved to make the hook that this Fish is going after but that will take only a minute or two to add at most. Look to see this as a completed window when we next return.
And lastly, with her border attached and the front side of her Polygonal Window all soldered Sheri has flipped her window over so she can solder the back side while she's at home throughout the week. This is nearly completed and only needs an initial tacked to it once the soldering has been completed. I think Sheri is just about ready to call this one 'finished'.
As I always respond to our students when they ask if they can do something, "Let’s make it happen!"
No comments:
Post a Comment